Infants & toddlers
This program provides an in-water experience for children between 4-months and 4-years old. The activities are designed to ease them into the water, making it a useful life-saving program for young children.
- All swim lessons are 30 minutes
- Our teaching staff for toddler swimming lessons is composed of highly-qualified swim coaches who are experts in teaching children.
- Swim classes for kids are held in indoor pools that are salt-chlorinated (Gentle on skin), heated, and covered for children’s enjoyment and comfort.
You can check out our swimming lesson FAQs infographic to help you prepare for your infant or toddler’s first class.
Learn to swim
At Marsden Swim School, children of all ages learn how to swim based on AUSTSWIM principles and practices. Our program promotes learning in an atmosphere of fun, positive feedback, and engaging interactions.
- The coaches in our Learn to Swim program are AUSTSWIM-certified instructors. They are pros in teaching proper techniques in swimming and water safety.
- A class only accommodates up to five swimmers, so each one receives individual attention as they learn swimming in Singapore. Semi-private or individual classes are available for those with special swim class needs.
- Swimming lessons for kids include guided exercises that teach water buoyancy and movements like rotation, gliding, propulsion with the arms and legs, diving, and kickboard work.
Once equipped with the basics, students proceed to learn freestyle swimming, plus the four types of stroke: butterfly, sidestroke, backstroke, and breaststroke.
Students in this program advance their swimming skills by performing various strokes over longer distances. The technique-based approach of this program complements competitive swimming, too.
- This program is suitable for swimmers who demonstrate competency in 10- to 15-metre swimming in all four fundamental strokes, survival sidestroke and backstroke, and poolside diving.
- The other half of the program introduces students to competitive starts, turns, and finishes.
Swim squad is the final program in our swim class lineup that organises regular swim meets, giving swimmers the chance to improve their skills continually in a culture of competitive fun.
Headed by Coach Arnaud D’enfert and Coach Sam Jackson, swim squads fall into three categories.
Junior Swim Squad
Junior Swim Squad students engage in 45-minute trainings where young team members swim greater distances to make them faster and stronger swimmers.
Senior Swim Squad
Swimmers in the Senior Swim Squad train in 1-hour-long sessions with other participants of the same age range to inspire them to be the best in that division.
Swimming Lessons for Adults
This program is open to adults at any skill level- from individuals who want to pick up swimming as a beginner, learn to lap the pool, to swimmers who wish to train for competitions.
- Beginner classes focus on proper techniques in swimming and water safety.
Learn rotation, gliding, propulsion with the arms and legs, diving, and kickboard work.
- Once equipped with the basics, you will learn freestyle swimming, plus the four types of stroke: butterfly, sidestroke, backstroke, and breaststroke.
- For swimmers who demonstrate competency in 10- to 15-metre swimming, lessons will focus on four fundamental strokes, survival sidestroke and backstroke, and poolside diving.
- We also offer lessons for swimmers who are training for a big swim or triathlon.